Thursday, November 11, 2010

Red Velvet, Where Have You Been All My Life??

Okay, so when I told my best friend I had never eaten red velvet anything, EVER.... she nearly had a heart attack.  So after heavily researching what the "best red velvet" recipe was online, I decided to make a recipe from the How To Eat A Cupcake Blog.  You can find the recipe here!  Though I decided on a cream cheese frosting rather than a cinnamon buttercream, so I used this recipe that I found:


Cream Cheese Frosting
16 oz. cream cheese (2 packages), softened
1/2 cup unsalted butter (one stick), softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
pinch of salt


With an electric mixer, blend together cream cheese and butter until smooth.  Turn mixer to low speed and blend in powdered sugar, salt and vanilla extract.  Turn mixer on high and beat until light and fluffy. Use immediately or refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.  If refrigerated, the frosting will need to be brought to room temperature before using (after frosting softens up, beat with mixer until smooth).
Recipe Notes: If you prefer a sweeter and/or stiffer frosting, more powdered sugar can be added (up to four cups). But remember, the more sugar you add, the less you’ll be able to taste the tangy cream cheese!

Let me tell you, absolutely TO DIE FOR! These were FANTASTIC! I loved the cupcake liners I got for our girls getaway that I made these for. :) Deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment